Are you ready?
OverGravity Gymnastics is launching new Online classes. We really believe that staying at home for many hours, without exercising, is not healthy. The body needs to move, stretch, release endorphins, and the mind also needs some variety and distraction that is positive; away from this difficult moment we are all going through.
This is why we want to bring a bit of the OverGravity energy into your home by offering you online classes.
What online classes do we offer?
We have a Vinyasa with inversion class on Sunday at 10am.
A great workout to complement your sports training, including a mini workshop section, dedicated to at least one element of inversion.
Bringing yoga into your existing training programme is a game changer. This ‘Vinyasa flow’ style class will work on your strength, stability and mobility through flowing yoga poses and breath work. It is less about yoga “oms” and more focussed on the practical benefits of yoga!
We will soon add a Yin Yoga class during the week. The Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga as exercise with asanas (postures) that are held for longer periods of time.
Our flexibility class, on Saturday at 12.30pm, is open to everyone and to every level. You can expect to work on general flexibility involving the whole body and joints, with particular focus on:
- back flexibility
- front splits
- box splits
Gymnastic Strength classes
This gymnastic strength class is the best option to keep you active and strong. If you did gymnastics before, this will be an amazing workout to make sure you don’t lose strength, explosivness and body awareness, for when we will all get back into normal training. If you were thinking to join us or simply to test a different and complete workout, this will be the right option for you.
Sunday class will focus on upper body strength, core, upper and lower back strength, hip mobility, preparation for levers, having a 10 minutes final bit dedicated to handstand workout and progression.
Tuesday class will focuse a bit more on lower body strength with particular attention to leg and core, for stability and power.
You can participate to the class even if you have zero experience in gymnastic conditioning or handstands. All the exercises will be fully accessible to beginners.
How does it work?
The classes will be streamed on zoom
You will just need your phone, tablet or laptop and install the App and then you will be good to go.
1. Book the class through our online booking system or through the app StudioBookings.
2. The time shown on the timetable represents the class sign in limit. We will give you 15 mins to log on, before the class starts (E.g.: class scheduled for 9.45, it will officially begins at 10).
4. Shortly after the class sign in limit, we will send you an email (to the same email address you have used to register to our booking system), containing a link and password to access the class.
5. Turn your audio on, so that you can hear the instructions. (Bottom left of the screen).
4. You are not required to share your video, so it is totally up to you to turn it on or off. However if you do share your video the coach will be able to see your practice and it can make the experience more fun and interactive
What do you need?
The space required for your lesson will be as a big as a yoga/fitness mat.
If you do not have any equipment, is totally fine. The class is structured in a way you will only need the essential.
- Yoga mat or a blanket / towel
- Strap or an elastic band / towel
- Yoga block / book / or a towel
- Bottle of water 🙂
Additionally, for some specific exercises you will be invited to use any of the following items: sofa, chair, wall.
The cost for one online class is £6 and each class will be 1hr long.
You can reduce the cost even further if your household join the class with you (your family, your partner, your pet). Just sharing with one other means the cost is only £3 per person.
If you want give your contribution and support OverGravity Gymnastics you can:
– use your normal class credit instead, that you might still have in your account.
– buy an extra credit for every member of your household who wants to join. (let us know and we will then manually take the credit out of your account)
– invite more people to participate to our classes 🙂
Every little help counts to support us during this tough time.
Important things to keep in mind
1. The instructor will guide you through the exercises, giving you always an easier option, if needed.
2. Make sure you make enough space for a safe practice (all the exercises will happen within the space of a fitness/yoga mat).
3. If you prefer to have more specific attention and guidance, we also offer online private lessons. Contact us for more info.
4. By signing into the class you are agreeing that you accept full responsibility/liability for yourself, your space and the actions you take in the class, due to the online nature of the class we are unable to provide specific corrections and guidance for injuries and issues.
Our terms and conditions for online classes
1. We recommend you to purchase one credit at a time (in order to don’t accumulate credits you might not be able to use)
2. We do not offer money refund on purchases, unless we stop offering online classes, in which case we will refund up to the cost of max. 5 credits).
3. If you wish to cancel yourself before the class starts, you can do it by yourself up to 1h before the class, through the booking system. For later cancellations, please send us an email at email@example.com not later than the class time scheduled.
4. If you have any issue, please contact us and we will be happy to help.